'Tiger King' Star Jeff Lowe Claims He Was Poisoned After Suffering a Stroke

"I thought he was dying in my arms," says Lowe's wife Lauren
'Tiger King' Star Jeff Lowe Claims He Was Poisoned After Suffering a Stroke
One of Tiger King's more controversial figures Jeff Lowe is in medical recovery after suffering a stroke earlier this month. Lowe and his wife Lauren Lowe are taking it easy at home while he regains his strength, but the couple are questioning whether or not the stroke was brought on by natural causes.

Lauren Lowe told TMZ that she discovered Jeff in crisis around 3 a.m. March 18 at the WinStar World Casino after the pair spent a night out with dinner and drinks. Jeff was not breathing, according to Lauren, who said she thinks a mysterious man slipped something into his drink at the bar.

"I thought he was dying in my arms," she said.

Jeff was airlifted to a hospital in Denton, TX, where doctors treated him and ran medical tests. He spent three days in the hospital before he was sent home, where he is now recovering from the traumatic event. TMZ reports that Lowe is still struggling with his speech and movement.

His doctors' toxicology report cleared Lowe of poisoning from most common drugs, but Lauren thinks that someone might have used something "more exotic." She explained that the night Jeff fell ill, a strange man claiming to know them — and their drink orders — approached the couple at the bar.

The couple suspects the unnamed man might be the one responsible for slipping something into Jeff's drink, but for now, they're not involving law enforcement.

Lauren has thanked fans for their "thoughts and prayers" while Jeff recovers.